Friday, February 16, 2018

My First Miniatures Show!

I finally made it to the Tom Bishop show in Anaheim, CA last month.  I was blown away! So much talent! There were only a couple of vendors selling MCM and modern style furniture and accessories, but still!! The talent!!  I spent most of my money on handmade ceramic vases (so cute), but I also picked up some furniture (sectional, two chairs and a bookcase), clay flower pots, a throw, a painting and an LED lamp.

This light blue sectional and the bookcase were purchases I made at the show.  The sectional was only $6.00 and I bought it with the intention of recovering it, but I thought I'd use it in a scene first since it's such a pretty blue and I figured I wouldn't be able to do as nice a job when I get around to recovering it. Oh, and I need to put legs/feet on the sectional. Now I feel like I should have bought more sectionals--I mean three pieces for $6.00? NEVER. AGAIN.

I'm using the Target "Loft to Love" house for this scene.  I removed the loft section and the stairs near the window.  Sometimes I have a vision for who's living in the space and I'm pretty sure a single young lady lives here since, in my opinion, it's feeling fresh, light and girly, and not because I was an old-lady-snoop-with-no-life and checked the mail box! Tell me what you think.










The stuff: iPad mini box for the "tiled" fireplace / table by Kaleidoscope / credenza is a painted Lori piece from Target / books by PRD, Phillip Nuveen and me / sectional and bookcase from the Miniatures Show / odds and ends from thrift stores, HBS, Etsy and me / floor lamp by me / credenza lamp from Insta: @aweebitteeny (who I had the pleasure of meeting at the show).


14 comments:

  1. Like the colors in your mini room and with the sunlight streaming in, the colors are crisp. Like your floor lamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna!I also liked the effect of the sunlight and I love it in other people's photos too.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! So glad you had a good time at your First show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There was a smaller show 3 weeks later, but I had spent all my money!

      Delete
  3. This room definitely looks like it belongs to someone young, confident with colour and likes to mix up pattern and style. I love how bright the room is 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pepper, hmmmm sounds a little like me, all except the young part!

      Delete
  4. I love the blue color of the sofa, too! It looks perfect in the room. What a score! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Katherine, and I sure do wish I had bought more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! $6 for that sectional? That's amazing! Aren't shows amazing? I am always a little relieved that there is only so much modern - as then there is only so much I can spend my money on as I tend to spend quite more than I intended when I go to a show! And even then afterwards, I regret that I didn't buy more of certain things! The scene looks fabulous as always and I also think it looks like a young woman lives there. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feelings exactly! I wish I had bought more, but I had a budget and I stuck to it and I was so proud of myself! Now that I know what to expect I'll increase the budget for the next show. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous room! You are the Lucky Winner of my February give away. Congratulations!!! We may see a bride's room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last! A beautiful wedding gown by Felma! Thank you so much! I just sent my info and thanks for mentioning my blog! A bride's room, now there's a challenge for me, it's quite possible!

      Delete
  8. I love this mini living room! Every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need an urgent loan at low interest rate ? if yes.... We offer Loan at 3% rate apply now (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Thank

    ReplyDelete