Monday, June 18, 2012

Steppin' Out

This scene was inspired by this greeting card I found at Pier 1 Imports.  Kinda sassy, huh?  Animal prints and bling!  This is not my typical gear for a night out.  Typical...oh, who am I fooling?  I would never wear this, but I do wear leopard print shoes!

This room has been sitting for two weeks, and the longer it sat, the more I tweeked it.  I got a little tired of it.  Lesson learned:  Finish and post (or at least take the pictures).  It's like when I do my Christmas shopping too early.  I leave myself too much time to change my mind about a gift and wind up buying something else or adding to it, so I do most of my shopping the week before.









I painted these chairs today with a metallic paint and the chairs actually look like metal.  The picture doesn't do them justice, but they're quite shiny.  I tried this type of paint some years ago and didn't get the desired results, so it may be the surface material that makes the difference.  I was very pleasantly surprised.


The crap:  OK, so I guess I really don't like this part!  I hit the publish button without doing this section and had to come back and edit.  Hunky Dory pointed out to me that when you're first starting out, this section is a good source of information, and I have to agree with her on that.  I pick up a lot of info and tips by reading this section on other blogs.  So, here we go....the striped wall is the inside of a shopping bag.  The folding screen (which I covered with paper), trunk, and nightstand base are part of a set I purchased from ebay.  The vase and planter ( a sake cup), and gold purse are thrift shop finds.  The white base on the trunk is a chopstick holder.  Palm tree, chaise lounge, pillow, and dress by me.  Accessories are Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and me.

I hope you like it and if you're a new follower, many thanks for joining!
Later, Beany.

6 comments:

  1. Very posh. Makes me think of my Aunt Marie and her gold Lame' shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! If I'm lucky, I too, will get to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love how this scene literally comes off the walls into the room in 3 dimensions. Job well done especially on the chaise.

    On the purchasing details, it makes me laugh that you actually say how much you hate that part. When I began writing my post, I'd always think to myself 'how tedious' once I got to the details. Here's the good part, I does get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I was trying to imitate the picture, but I didn't have any champagne! I've wondered if people who have been collecting for a while keep notes on their inventory. I may have to do that with time, 'cause my memory is shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paneled room divider/headboard, so chic. The room is very glam, great inspiration pic and great results! Thanks for taking the time to post the details on where you got everything, it's time consuming, but people REALLY appreciate it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you M.D.! Yea, I guess I have to comply and list the stuff, although, I've noticed a few blogs that don't, and I've been tempted not to, but I have to admit that I do appreciate it and I've learned a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete