Monday, April 14, 2014

Outdoor Living

I visited a couple of nurseries in Laguna Beach last month and boy did I leave there inspired!  Not only in the real world , but also in the mini world.  There were themed rooms set up in the nurseries that I could live in and I picked up some great ideas (a lot like touring model homes!) I don't consider myself a gardener, but I do love beautiful outdoor spaces.  So, after being all inspired, we started sprucing up with more flowers and plants, and I have to say it's made a big difference.  As part of my sprucing up plan, I added a shelf to my back patio and purchased a greenhouse from Hobby Lobby (perfect for a little garden scene) to add to the shelf.  I thought I'd try to duplicate a mini version of one of the spaces I saw, but it's turned out to be a combination of a couple of spaces I saw, ideas from my own outdoor spaces and then, of course, things come to you after you get started.  Scenes seem to morph into something very different than the original vision. After looking at the photos, I can also picture a fully loaded bookshelf out here. I placed some ferns in the background to give it some fabulushness.





Ooops, toilet paper roll alert! Should have covered that with moss... next time!




The stuff:  Greenhouse, garden bench, plant stand, chair, lanterns - Hobby Lobby.  Sofa - part of Kaleidoscope sectional. Floor - my favorite brick paper. Plant wall and hanging "lamp" are made with ribbon moss. Mirror - painted dollhouse window backed with mirror. Mantel - made from old trellis.  Plants & accessories - several craft stores, thrift shops, HBS, and me.

Oh yeah, the lanterns light up! (My first lights in a scene, pretty cool)

Until next time......Beany




8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic space. I would love to have an outdoor area like that. It looks so lush and airy, yet intimate at the same time. Love the fireplace with all of the natural decor around/on it. Gorgeous =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pepper! I'd love to have an outdoor area like this too. Well, I guess I do... on a shelf....out back.

      Delete
  2. Beany, I love this space! You can bet I will be copying some stuff. LOL (like the brick floor and that toilet paper thingy, I have been collecting them with no idea what I am going to do with them lol) ...so don't be surprised. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gmommy and thank you! I've been wanting to do something with toilet paper rolls for a long time. You know, it's one of the first things we learned to craft with as kids, plus you never run out of them! It would be an honor if you find something you like enough to copy! I do it all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inspiration and what a great space. I love the living scene.Greenery brings so much life into a room. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MDork, and I love all that greenery in real life too!

      Delete
  5. Hallo !
    Ich bin Skiddi aus Deutschland und bin hier gelandet. Ich bin von deinen Seiten begeistert! Ich liebe es bunt und modern. Bin hier genau richtig und werde bestimmt alles anschauen.
    Tolle Arbeiten,super, danke fürs zeigen.
    Liebe Grüße
    Skiddi

    ReplyDelete